Welcome to the website of Responsible Retailers of Alcohol in Ireland – RRAI.
In 2009, the Irish retailing industry established a company called Responsible Retailing of Alcohol in Ireland Ltd. (RRAI), under an independent Chairperson, Mr. Padraic White. The main objectives of the body are to:
- Implement the RRAI Voluntary Code of Practice on the Display and Sale of Alcohol Products in Mixed Trading Premises.
- Communicate the Code to all relevant stakeholders.
- Support participating retailers to the Code with relevant information and training products.
- Measure compliance with the Code by means of an independent retail audit.
- Establish a credible and effective customer complaint procedure regarding the Code.
The Chairperson of the RRAI presents an independent report on the industry's compliance with the Code to the Minister for Justice and Equality on an annual basis.
Accessing RRAI In-Store Information Materials
Should you wish to download RRAI information materials in .pdf format (suitable for printing and in-store display), please visit the Member Resources page of this site, which is a sub-heading of the "About Us" heading towards the top of this page.
Please note it is possible to return to this home page at any stage by clicking on the RRAI logo situated at the top of this page.